Based on a Classic Design
This is the next generation, cutting edge design of the best selling Tesoro Silver Sabre metal detector. What sets this model apart from the pack is the number of useful features that you are getting for your dollar. It is exciting to see that years later, Tesoro has kept true to the ingredients that made this the cornerstone of the line, a friendly metal detector at an honest price!
The Best Selling Tesoro Detector
The Tesoro Silver Sabre series has had a very long history with Tesoro Electronics. It was first introduced in 1983. In a time when "lunch box" detectors were the norm, the original Silver Sabre metal detector was perceived as a toy unit. There have been many men who bought one for the wife and wound up using it because it worked as well as any other detector on the market. Advertised as "strong, simple, silent", the Silver Sabre has gone through many changes over the years. The Silver Sabre Plus added a no motion all metal circuit. The Silver Sabre II added a new plastic housing and new Hybrid Circuit technology. Several years ago we introduced the Tesoro Silver Sabre Max with an incredibly small housing and Max Boost technology. A number of men bought one for their wife and wound up using it because it worked as well as any other detector on the market. (Sounds familiar doesn't it?)
Back To Their Roots
Tesoro decided to bring the Silver back full circle to where it started. The original Tesoro Silver Sabre was a turn on and go detector with Silent Search discrimination and all metal modes. The new Tesoro Silver Max returns to its roots and offers strong, silent and simple operation once again. The Tesoro Silver Max metal detector uses a microprocessor to control the audio tone and battery test. It comes with an 8" Concentric coil and the latest plastic faceplate design.
- Push Button Battery Test
- Silent Search Discriminate Mode
- Silent Search All Metal Mode
Standard Factory Items Included
- Lifetime Warranty
- Comprehensive User's Manual
- One Drop-in 9V Battery
- 8" Concentric Search Coil
|Approximate Weight||2.25 Pounds|
|Battery Requirements||1 - 9 Volt|
|Battery Indicator||Battery Test|
|Search Coil Size||8" Search Coil|
|Ground Balance||Preset Ground Balance|
|Headphone Jack Size||1/4 Inch|
|Includes Bonus Items||No|
|Operating Mode||All Metal and Discriminate|
|Operating Frequency||10 kHz|
|Search Coil Shape||Round|
|Search Coil Type||Concentric|
|Water Resistance||Waterproof Coil|
- Metal detecting with the Tesoro Silver uMax at a country park.
- Tesoro Silver Umax test
- How to ID audio signal 👂🏼 Tesoro metal detector
- Tesoro Silver Umax in the woods
- Tesoro Silver Umax First Hunt Short Clips
- Tesoro Silver Sabre Micro Max metal detector
- Tesoro Silver Umax finds GOLD !!!
- Metal detecting pocket spills: quarters & Sacagawea dollars
Customer Reviews Write your own
- It's lightweight and easy to carry around and operate with one arm.
- Long battery life! (It takes a standard 9 volt battery.)
- Highly portable and collapsible for easy transport.
- Does an excellent job of distinguishing between what is potentially under the surface.
- The audible alert is a major help in accurately guiding where you need to dig.
- The price is a steal!
- Easy to "learn the ropes" to get quickly started on your treasure hunting adventures!
- A freebie digital magazine subscription (from www.metaldetector.com)? Yes, please! SCORE!!
And now for the cons [There are not really any cons], as relayed by myself:
- Horridly fast, courteous customer service. These folks couldn't be mean or un-helpful if they tried!
- You may find yourself or the recipient of this metal detector losing track of time as this product will make your new hobby an addiction!
- You may find that you are either going to far flung detecting sites or being coerced into tagging along. Every treasure hunter needs a sidekick! (A.K.A. - someone to carry the camp shovel, flashlights and water.)
- Some new "treasures" may wind up on your glass kitchen table thereby scattering years old dirt and debris on said table but dang it if you didn't find an early 20th century penny!
As you can see, the cons aren't really cons. I'm just being facetious. If you're thinking about buying this metal detector, make sure you've done your research and when you find that other comparable models simply do not stack up, hit the add to cart button for this gem and don't look back. You won't regret it! (Posted on December 27, 2017)
Our Truly Free Shipping Promotion Details
No Hidden Fees! Free ground shipping applies to all orders over $99.95 shipped within the continental United States. You will not find any fine print or catches to this offer. We do not charge handling fees, per accessory fees or any of the other fees that you may find when shopping elsewhere. Order today and save time, gas and money with this limited time promotion.
Returns and Exchanges Made Insanely Easy!
Since 1983 we have offered a return policy that is quite simple. We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Here are the details in black and white:
Returns & Exchanges:
Within 14 days of receipt of your on line order, you may return or exchange any hobby item in original condition. All products must be unused, unassembled in the original packaging and with the manufacturer's original blank warranty form and instruction manual. Simply call us for a return authorization code and our special returns address before shipping any product back for a refund, store credit or exchange. Refunds are issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
Shipping, handling and insurance fees of $20 for your original ground shipment will be deducted from your refund for non-defective returns. Return shipping and insurance on non-defective merchandise is your responsibility.
Security, Industrial, Makro Deep Seeking Detectors, JW Fishers Underwater Search & Recovery, DRS Detectors and special order items are not returnable.