Erick O. Schonstedt, founder of Schonstedt Instrument Company, designed magnetometers for the Hubble telescope and other satellites before turning his attention to engineering underground locator devices. Now based in West Virginia, Schonstedt Instrument Company designs and builds underground locators used every day by professional surveyors.
What’s the Difference Between the Schonstedt XTpc-33 Pipe and Cable Locator and Schonstedt XTpc-33 + GA-92XTd Magnetic Locator?
If you need a locator that can be carried on your toolbelt with a transmitter than can fit in your pocket, the XTpc-33 is the perfect tool for everyday work. It also features easy to use one-handed operation, with all the controls in easy reach of your thumb. Locating and centering is easier than ever with a large LCD display and highly visible directional arrows.
The GA-92XTd offers high performance components, modular construction, and HeliFlux Sensors. It can detect ferrous objects up to 16 feet underground, making it a perfect companion for the XTpc-33 for jobs that require both a single frequency cable locator and a magnetic locator.
Designed and tuned for detecting all electrical, telecommunications, and wire circuits either underground or within conduits, the XTpc-33 CL-300 kit. The locator offers SONDE mode and will detect any device that transmits at 512 Hz.
One of the most portable magnetic locators available, the GA-92XTd offers one-handed detection of ferromagnetic objects such as property markers, well casings, valve boxes, cast iron pipes, manholes and other objects up to sixteen feet below the surface.
What the Schonstedt XTpc-33 Pipe and Cable Locator CL-300 Kit and Schonstedt GA-92XTd Have in Common
- Transmitter auto power off
- 3-year warranty
- Operating Frequency: 33 kHz plus 50Hz/60Hz Passive Detection
- Audio Output: 10 – 30000 Hz determined by Signal Strength , Volume-Controlled
- Weight: Under 2.8 lbs
- 512 Hz Sonde Capable
- Maximum Depth: Approximately 19’
- Best Choice for Locating Electrical Lines
- Kit includes: Heavy Duty Conductive Clip, 5′′ Inductive Signal Clamp, Padded Carrying Case
- Gain: 4-Level LCD - Low (L), Medium (M), High (H), Extra High (XH)
- Weight: Approximately 2.4 lbs
- IP54 Water and Dust Resistance
- Volume: 3 Levels - Muted, Medium and Maximum
- Kit includes: Holster Clip, Conductive Clips Assembly, Small Heavy Duty Conductive Clip, Ground Stake
See pricing, specifications, bonus items, compatible accessories, product reviews, and videos for each of the Schonstedt models on the pages below!