Since 1931, Fisher has been the most trusted name in metal detection. Offering the latest technological breakthroughs, they offer easy to use detectors for those just getting started all the way to advanced devices ready to open up a whole new world of treasure.
Comparing The Fisher Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug and Gold Bug Pro Metal Detectors
The Fisher Gold Bug Series was designed specifically to find gold nuggets and veins in hard to detect areas, especially gold left behind by other hunters. Designed to find the smallest nuggets in highly mineralized soils, these detectors may convince you to go back to your old hunting grounds and see what else you can find.
Based on the classic Gold Bug design, perfected over many years, the Gold Bug 2 operates at 71kHz, the highest operating frequency on the market. This makes it even more sensitive to the smallest of gold nuggets. It's "Iron Discriminate" mode helps you avoid trash by rejecting iron. The Gold Bug comes with either a 6.5" or 10" search coil with the option to purchase both. This model has become the go to detector used by thousands of amateur and professional miners world-wide.
This powerful, gold prospecting metal detector offers a high frequency perfect for finding the smallest nuggets. It comes with a precision LCD display for easy to read and accurate information on ground conditions and targets. Pinpoint mode helps you get closer to your target's exact location.
A step up from the Gold Bug is the Gold Bug Pro. This model offers more precise user control and enhanced audio and visual identification. It comes standard with a 5" search coil with the option of upgrading to 11".
What the Gold Bug Metal Detector with Waterproof 5" DD Coil, Gold Bug 2 Metal Detector with Waterproof Coil, and Gold Bug Pro Metal Detector with Waterproof Coil Have in Common
- 5 Year Warranty
- Sensitivity Adjustment
- Waterproof Coil
- 1/4 Headphone Jack
What is Unique to the Fisher Gold Bug Metal Detector with Waterproof 5" DD Coil
- Search Coil: 5"
- Threshold and Gain Adjustments
- 2 Search Modes: All-Metal and Discriminate
- Operating Frequency: 19 kHz
- Large LCD Screen
- 0-99 Numeric Target Identification Display
- Large Target Alert
- Depth Readout
- No-Motion Pinpoint
- Computer Assisted Ground Grab and Ground Balance Continuous Ground Phase and Ground Mineralization Readout
What is Unique to the Fisher Gold Bug 2 Metal Detector with Waterproof Coil
- Search Coil: 6.5" or 10" Elliptical
- "Iron Discriminate" Mode - Rejects iron (trash) targets
- Resistant to dust and moisture.
- Quartz-crystal locked electronics.
- Dual-knob ground control for coarse and fine adjustment.
What is Unique to the Fisher Gold Bug Pro Metal Detector with Waterproof Coil
- Search Coil: 5" or 11"
- V-Break - The industry's first Variable breakpoint tone discrimination system
- Computerized Ground Grab ™
- Operating Frequency: 19kHz
- Real-Time Computerized Ground Balancing
- V.C.O. Audio in All Metal & Discrimination Mode
- Independent control over Threshold & Gain
- Continuous Ground Condition Readouts
- Ground Phase Value - Indicates the type of mineralization
- Static Pinpoint with Depth Indicator
See pricing, specifications, bonus items, compatible accessories, product reviews, and videos for each of the Fisher models on the pages below!