With a focus on customer satisfaction, Garrett has been manufacturing and selling metal detectors since 1964. Now known as a leader among hobbyists, security professionals, and even countermine experts, Garrett continues to put their best innovation and customer service into every product they sell.
What’s the Difference Between the Garrett PD6500i and Garrett Multizone™ Walk-Through Security Metal Detectors?
Known throughout the world for their security checkpoint detectors, Garrett walk-through detectors are found at the leading U.S. and international airports as well as the Olympic Games and large events around the world. The Garrett PD6500i and MZ 6100 can bring a higher level of security to your property or event.
Approved by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and used at security checkpoints in many of the world's top airports, the Garrett PD6500i uses Garrett's digital signal processor (DSP) to provide 33 zone pinpoint detections. The PD6500i's multi-dimensional coil design detects knives, guns, and other items no matter where they are in the archway.
Garrett's Multizone is an affordable and versatile walk-through metal detector perfect for schools, stadiums, office buildings, night clubs, and entertainment venues. It comes preloaded with over 15 programs for instant setup based on the requirements of the location.
Easy, intuitive controls and bright indicators lights make operation simple for operators of all experience levels. 20 detection zones allow for the fast and precise location of one or multiple objects.
What the Garrett PD6500i and Multizone™ Walk-Through Security Metal Detector Have in Common
- Fully Automatic Power Switching - 100 to 240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hertz, 45 watts; no rewiring, switching or adjustments needed.
- Scratch and Mar-Resistant Laminate Construction
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Heads and Support Detection
- Directional Counter
- Meets IP 55, IEC 529 Standard for moisture, foreign matter protection
- Limited 24-Month Warranty: Parts and labor
- Optional Battery Backup Choices
- 33 Pinpoint Zones
- More than 20 Standard Programs
- International Security Standards
- Dual Detection - With transmitters and receivers in each panel
- Advanced Broadband Detection Technology
- Directional Counter
- Superior Versatility: Selectable settings designed for airports, courthouses, prisons, schools, facilities, special events, mass transit, loss prevention, and many other applications
- Pacing Lights - Universal "wait" and "proceed" symbols for traffic control.
- Internal USB port for updating software
- 20-Zone Precision
- Advanced Synchronization Internal Circuitry and 4 Selectable Channels - Allows any number of Multizone detectors to be grouped as closely as 2 inches from each other.
- More than 15 Standard Programs
- Intuitive Menu Design
- Auto-Scan Function
- Convenient Slider Bar - To quickly adjust the value of a setting.
- High Intensity LED Indicators
- Selectable Language
See pricing, specifications, bonus items, compatible accessories, product reviews, and videos for each of the Garrett models on the pages below!