Schonstedt XT-512 Camera and Sonde Locator + Padded Carrying Case
XT-512 Locates Blockages Quickly! The XT-512 combines the portability of the XTpc package with the low-frequency sonde and passive locating capability found in larger more cumbersome locators. With the XT-512 you can locate and determine the depth of your sewer/pipe inspection camera or a small sonde. The XT512 is useful in locating blockages and obstructions in non-metallic pipe. Be sure to read our comparison article entitled Schonstedt XT-512 Camera and Sonde Locator + Padded Carrying Case versus Schonstedt XT-512 Camera and Sonde Locator + GA-92XTd Magnetic Locator + Padded Carrying Case
Locate 512 MHz Cameras and Sondes
Schonstedt XT-512 Camera and Sonde Locator ships complete with a soft case padded carrying case. Operating at 512 Hz with passive detection of 50Hz or 60Hz, the XT-512 can help locate and find the depth of your inspection camera or small sonde within non-metallic pipe or plastic water pipes. There is a one-button depth measurement, a digital readout, and an audio and visual output. The unit is also ergonomic, lightweight, and small enough to be easily stored. In nonmetallic pipe, the XT512 is useful to locate obstructions and blockages in your underground pipe. The battery life is approximately 18 hours of intermittent usage. The device displays the battery status. It comes with a 3 year warranty. If you are searching for iron or steel pipes, consider different tools for the job. A transmitter and receiver device like the GA 92xtd magnetic locator. If you are looking for a data collector or data logger device, consider the GA-72CD for a larger view of the area.
Schonstedt XT-512 Features
- Operates on 512 Hz Frequency mode
- Passive detection of 50Hz or 60Hz, and sondeXT512 pipe, camera and sonde locator is Rated IP54 Dust & Water Resistant
- One button depth measurement
- Digital readout display of signal strength (peak)
- Audio & Visual Output
- Battery & Sensitivity Indicators
- Ergonomic & lightweight
- Smallest for easy storage
- 3-year warranty
Because of the nature and strength of the 's , it is necessary to know where the is within a . Includes with a typically found in larger more cumbersome locators. Optional large or small 512 are available for use with this device to assist in . The device will also locate .
How to Search for a with the Schonstet XT512
- Focus the search on a circle of several feet centered on the .
- You should distinguish whether you are positioned along the axis (the direction of the ) or off to either side. mode does not allow on locators; therefore, is the only indication.
- When the is placed perpendicular to the sensors, the will be "null" (near zero).
- Increase by rotating the 's axis and direction. Move the in the direction that produces the best .
- increases as the gets closer to the , and reaches its maximum when it is directly over the .
- The sensors will be parallel to the axis of the at this time.
How to Measure the Depth of a with the
- To measure depth, place the tip of the on the ground
- Press the DEPTH button when the is at a maximum.
- Orientation (axis) of the , as shown in Figure A in the , is crucial for depth accuracy.
- To achieve the best depth measurement results, sensors in the must be parallel to the axis of the .
Schonstedt XT512 Specifications
- BATTERY: One 9V battery
- BATTER LIFE: 12 hours (intermittent use)
- AUDIO OUTPUT: 10 - 1400 Hz determined by signal strength | 0 - 70 db SPL (Sound Pressure Level), volume-controlled
- WEIGHT: Under 2.8 lbs
- OPERATING TEMP: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: Closed: 17.5" x 3" x 8.5" (44 cm x 7.6 cm x 21.5 cm) Extended:/ 27.7" x 3" x 8.5" (70 cm x 7.6 cm x 21.5 cm)
- SENSORS: Split angled sensors to derive peak and null signals
- OPERATING FREQUENCY 512Hz
- MODULATION none
- MAX. DEPTH CAPABILITY Typical 5-8' (1.5 - 2.5 m) dependent on signal level emitted by sonde Passive Cable Locator
- OPERATING FREQUENCY 60 or 50 Hz, factory set
- MODULATION none
- MAX. DEPTH CAPABILITY Typical 5-8' (1.5 - 2.5 m) dependent on signal level emitted by sonde
Schonstedt XT512 Standard Equipment
- Holster (p/n: PC10012)
- Padded Carrying Case (p/n: LF10004)
XT512 Optional Accessories
- Standard Headset (p/n: XT40000)
- Noise Canceling Headphones (p/n: TBA)
- 512 Hz Sonde Large (p/n: 600080, Replaces TM50910)
- 512 Hz Sonde Small (p/n: TM50911)
Why buy your Schonstedt Industrial Detector From Us?
We are a factory authorized Schonstedt Distributor. We stock their entire range of products and accessories. Schonstedt products include industry-leading Pipe and Cable locators and Magnetic detection devices. We have product specialists on staff to support your needs. We work closely with Schonstedt to stay current with their latest products and technologies. Our product specialists will take the time to help you pick out the right Schonstedt model for your needs.