Garrett AT Max Waterproof Metal Detector with 8.5 x 11" Coil + Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk Wireless Headphones
Garrett AT Max Metal Detector - Experience Powerful, wireless all terrain performance. Built for the professional treasure hunter. Extreme depth and performance in all terrains with the Garrett AT Max, the perfect metal detector for land and underwater detection. This Garrett brand model is designed to meet all of your treasure hunting needs. Includes exclusive MetalDetector.com Free Bonus items shown in the picture above with the AT Max detector. Be sure to read our Guide Comparing the Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold and AT Max metal detectors.
Feedback From Real AT Max Field Testers
Garrett opted to take extra time to field test this unit at locations around the world this summer. This model features the MS-3 wireless headphone with the built in z lynk wireless technology. Feedback from these individuals has been very positive, as evidenced by some of the following quotes:
- "Deep, with great sensitivity, signal reliability, robust, and easy to use."
- "During the field tests, we observed a considerable increase in the detection capacity in a highly mineralized soil."
- "The Z-Lynk wireless headphones are just totally awesome . . . There are so many great features on the new AT Max."
- New grip: "Good move as far as mud and cleaning goes."
- "Like the volume control addition on the control box."
- "Very intuitive and easy to use."
- "Loved having the backlight! An absolute positive feature."
- "Both auto and manual ground balance perform well. Tested on wet salt sand, alkaline soils, and sandy soils."
Garrett's AT Max is the latest and greatest model in the AT series. It is the top of the line. The AT Max stands out from the competition thanks to its Z-Lynk wireless technology. There are no cables to worry about anymore with the AT Max. Your headphones receive all audio wirelessly. The Z-Lynk Wireless Pinpointer is compatible with this product, and it also has many advanced features! The model was designed for saltwater environments as its name suggests.
Garrett AT Max Metal Detector: POWERFUL, WIRELESS, ALL TERRAIN PERFORMANCE.
Built for the professional treasure hunter.
MAX features equal MAX performance
- Built-in Z-Lynk™ Wireless Technology - Cut the cord! Integrated circuitry transmits audio to your wireless headphones. Six times faster than Bluetooth speed! Auto pairing. No cables, and no interference from other wireless devices.
- Garrett MS-3™ Z-Lynk Wireless Headphones included The speed of Z-Lynk Wireless Technology, and high-fidelity audio . . . this headphone lets you hunt with with no cords attached!
- Maximum Detection Depth Increased transmit power and enhanced electronics provides AT Max with significant depth increase.
- True All Metal Mode Detects all types of metal and provides the greatest possible detection depth and sensitivity.
- Backlight: Illuminates LCD screen for improved visibility in low-light situations.
- Optimized Frequency The AT Max’s 13.6 kHz operating frequency provides excellent detection on a wide range of targets—including silver coins, gold jewelry, and brass relics.
- High Resolution Ground Balance Automatic and manually adjustable for improved performance. Includes 175 points of Ground Balance resolution, allowing the AT Max to handle both conductive soils (such as saltwater beaches) and highly mineralized ground.
- Automatic Ground Balance Window™ Garrett Exclusive feature will simultaneously ground balance to a range of values to help overcome localized ground variations. By reducing subtle ground responses, the Automatic Ground Balance Window smooths detector audio and allows the user to hear faint targets.
- Larger Display Numbers: Digital Target ID number, Iron Discrim number, etc.
- More Controls—All easily accessible with a single finger as you search.
This Garrett detector is a major step forward in technology and offers increased detection depth over previous models. The patented Garrett MS-3 Z Lynk Wireless headphones provide high fidelity audio responses from deeply buried targets.
Garrett AT MAX’s other features include:
- Iron Audio™ Hear discriminated iron (normally silenced) to avoid digging tricky, undesired flat iron items.
- All Metal Iron Audio™ Garrett Exclusive feature that audibly identifies discriminated iron while operating in a True All-Metal Mode.
- Adjustable Frequency Small frequency shifts to eliminate interference.
- All Terrain Versatility Fully submersible to 10-foot (3 meter) depth. Weatherproof design also protects against dusty and humid environments. For underwater use, optional wired headphones must be used such as the Garrett Submersible Waterproof Headphones.
- Digital Target ID—0 to 99 scale.
- High-Res Iron Discrimination™ 44 points of iron resolution.
- Adjustable Threshold User can manually adjust the audio threshold (the constant background sound or “hum”) to better hear faint targets.
- Pulse Width Modulation Audio Proportional PWM audio response and Tone Roll Audio provide more target information and sharp, responsive target signals.
- Four Search Modes: True All-Metal, Custom, Coins, and Zero Discrim Modes.
- Fast Recovery Speed
- Notch Discrimination
- Coin Depth Indicator
- Battery Condition Indicator
- All Garrett AT searchcoils are compatible: 4.5” SuperSniper, 5” x 8” DD coil, 6.5” x 9” concentric coil, 8.5” x 11” DD coil, and 9” x 12” concentric coil.
- Garrett AT Max: All-Terrain performance, with built-in Z-Lynk Wireless
The AT Max is a high performance VLF detector with a range of preset and adjustable search mode options. The built in wireless technology allows you to connect a range of accessory options including the MS-3 Wireless headphones and the Pro Pointer AT pinpointer with Z-lynk. The benefit of wireless technology is that you can easily hear your pinpointer and metal detector target audio responses in the headphones. In fact, many times you will hear faint signals with ease. You can also finely tune the model to elliminate phantom target signals produced by subtle ground response differences.
The fully waterproof design and intuitive user interface of this device makes it extremely fun and easy to use. You can easily read the display, and the interface is very intuitive. In addition to being a top of the line model, the Garrett AT Max can be used on the beach and on any terrain. It builds on the features of the popular AT Pro model and adds many new features as well. In addition to its rugged construction, this model provides wireless connectivity, a backlit display, and advanced saltwater capabilities. This metal detector was rated as a top pick in our guide to the Best Metal Detectors. Hands down, this is one of the most popular beach hunting detectors in the world and for good reason.
Garrett AT Max Metal Detector Specifications:
- Z-Lynk™ Wireless (integrated)
- MS-3 Wireless Headphones are Included
- Enhanced Detection Depth
- True All-Metal Mode
- Frequency 13.6 kHz, adjustable
- Ground Balance, Auto/Manual High Resolution, 175 pts
- Auto Ground Balance Window™
- Iron Audio™ (Disc. Modes)
- All Metal Iron Audio™
- Iron Discrimination Segments: 44
- Threshold Adjustment
- Electronic Pinpointing
- Waterproof to 10 feet (3 meters)
- Freshwater and Saltwater use
- Search Modes: 4 (all Pro Audio)
- Digital Target ID: Large Size
- Audio Tone ID: 3 Levels
- Notch Discrimination: Adjustable
- Sensitivity / Depth Adjustments: 8
- Fast Recovery Speed
- Target Depth Indicator
- Standard Searchcoil: 8.5” x 11” DD PROformance
- Length (Adjustable): 43" to 56" (1.09m - 1.4m)
- Total Weight: 3.03 lbs (1.4 kgs)
- Batteries: 4 AA
- Battery Condition Indicator
Standard Factory Items Included
- Two-year warranty
- Powerful, large 8.5" x 11" PROformance Double-D search coil
- Garrett AT Max cap
- Garrett 8.5” x 11” DD coil cover
- Z-Lynk MS-3 Wireless headphones included
- Comprehensive user's manual
- Support cuff with Strap
- New Hand Grip! More robust, non-absorbant, textured rubber
- 4 AA batteries, batteries are included