Garrett Ace 400 Metal Detector with 8.5 x 11" DD Waterproof Coil
- Free shipping over $99
- 14-Day Returns
- Live Inventory In Stock: (976)
- Ready to ship
- Usually Ships Out In 1-3 Days
Buy With Confidence:
Garrett Ace 400 Metal Detector with 8.5 x 11" DD Waterproof Coil
Guides and Documents
King of Garrett ACE metal detectors line up, the Garrett ACE 400 includes advanced features like Iron Audio, Digital Target ID, and Frequency Adjust to help you dig more treasure and less trash. Includes headphones, environmental coverup, coil cover and the five additional bonus items shown in the main photo above. Be sure to read our Guide Comparing the Garrett Ace 200, 300 and 400 metal detectors and our guide Comparing the Garrett Ace 400 versus the AT Pro metal detectors.
Garrett Ace 400 Metal Detector - Top Unit in the Garrett ACE Metal Detectors Line Up
The flagship of the ACE lineup is the ACE 400, which features the Iron Audio™ feature made popular on the company’s AT Pro™ and AT Gold™ detectors. Iron Audio allows the user to hear discriminated iron and to alter the detector’s mid-tone signal range. This helps the operator hear the iron content in flat steel objects like bottle caps and washers that sometimes trick a detector into reporting them as good targets.
The ACE 400 includes a higher, 10 kHz frequency to provide better sensitivity to low and medium conductivity targets, such as gold and lead. The detector’s Frequency Adjust feature allows users to easily toggle between slight frequency shifts to help eliminate interference from other detectors or power sources. The ACE 400 ships with an 8.5”x11” DD-configuration PROformance searchcoil that has proven to be very popular with the company’s previous ACE™ 350 and EuroACE™ detectors. The ACE 400 includes five discrimination modes, electronic pinpointing, sensitivity adjustment, and High-Resolution Iron Discrimination.
Garrett Ace 400 is the best choice for hobbyists who want the most bang for their buck when metal detecting. Iron Audio, headphones, a cover for the search coil, an environmental cover, and more are included in this unit. The Ace 400 has the same deep searching 8.5" x 11" DD PROformance search coil as the more expensive AT series. It is definitely worth upgrading if your budget allows!
Here is what we think sets the Garrett Ace 400 apart from the lower models in the line-up. This unit includes 8.5" x 11" DD PROformance™ submersible searchcoil. This is the same soil that ships with the Garrett AT Series. This search coil is an upgraded coil over the lower models in the line and is included with the Ace 400. You can also control the sensitivity and depth adjustments at the touch of a button. You will notice that through proper control of the 8 sensitivity depth adjustments you are able to maximize your finds and eliminate false signals.
Includes 3 FREE Accessories*
- Volume control Garrett ClearSound Easy Stow headphones
- ACE Environmental Coverup
- 8.5" x 11" Search Coil Cover
Garrett ACE 400 Metal Detector Key Features
- Iron Audio: hear discriminated iron targets and to alter the mid-tone signal range
- Digital Target ID: 0 to 99 scale offers target information on display screen
- Higher frequency of 10 kHz provides better sensitivity on low and medium-conductivity targets such as gold and lead
- Adjustable Frequency to help eliminate interference
- Camlocks for better stem stability
- Includes Pulse-Width Modulation audio: sharper, more responsive audio
- 8.5" x 11" PROformance™ submersible DD searchcoil offers excellent coverage and depth
- Enhanced Iron Resolution: twice the iron resolution of original ACE units to help separate good targets from adjacent junk iron
- Includes Electronic Pinpointing: precisely locates targets and speeds recovery
- Notch Discrimination: Modify discrimination patterns based on what you are seeking
- Five Search Modes plus Pinpoint
- Eight (8) Sensitivity/Depth adjustments
- Coin Depth Indicator determines target depth
- Expanded Target ID legend: includes indication of U.S. coin denominations
With the advanced Iron Audio™ feature, you can discriminate iron targets and alter your mid-tone signal range to cancel out trash targets. This will save you from digging trash targets in areas with high levels of iron trash.
You will appreciate having the higher frequency of 10 kHz for a better ability to find a wider range of targets. The adjustable frequency provides more good target options and better accuracy in the field. It is important to note that the Ace 400 has target identification features for u.s. coins. The garrett ace 400i is the international version of this metal detector and not designed for use in the United States.
As an upgrade from the base Garrett metal detector model, this unit includes a pinpoint feature. Using the integrated pinpoint mode, you can quickly locate your target by zooming in on the target. This advanced model includes five different search modes. In addition to the jewelry and coins modes, there's also a custom mode and a zero discrimination mode. There is a preset mode for every treasure hunter. You can choose a mode ideal for cache hunting, relic hunting, treasure hunting and even some basic gold prospecting and more. If you decide to focus on prospecting, there are dedicated gold detectors like the Garrett AT gold. The all metal mode is perfect for finding precious metal targets, i.e. gold.
A Garrett ClearSound headphone, the Ace environmental cover, and a search coil cover are included with this model. When in use, the search coil cover is left on while treasure hunting and protects the coil from wear. The unit operates at a frequency of 10 kHz, which is an ideal frequency for most targets. There is an improvement over the base models in terms of Iron discrimination. The model is the best at identifying iron in trash filled or iron laden hunt sites. Now you can easily find all u.s. coin denominations while hunting around junk. You can hone your skills by joining a metal detecting club in your area.
Garrett ACE 400 Metal Detector Specifications
- Digital Target ID: YES, 0-99 scale
- Iron Audio feature: YES
- Adjustable Frequency: YES
- Camlocks Included: YES
- Target ID Cursor Segments: 12
- Iron Discrimination Segments: 4
- Notch Discrimination: YES
- Search Modes: 5 plus Pinpoint
- Sensitivity/Depth Adjustments: 8
- Electronic Pinpointing: YES
- Frequency: 10 kHz
- Audio Tone ID Levels: 3
- Standard Searchcoil: 8.5" x 11" DoubleD PROformance™
- Length (Adjustable): 42" to 51" - 1.06m - 1.29m
- Total Weight: 2.9 lbs. - 1.32 kgs.
- Batteries: 4 AA and are included
- Warranty: 2 Years