From their headquarters in Kearneysville, West Virginia Schonstedt continues the legacy of founder, Erick O. Schonstedt. For over sixty years, the company has been building its reputation with professional surveyors who have learned to trust Schonstedt quality and engineering.
What’s the Difference between the Schonstedt Loki Pipe & Cable Locator Contractor Kit and Loki Pipe & Cable Locator Utilities Kit?
For contractors and construction crews looking for a lower-cost and more user-friendly option, the Loki offers a high-quality alternative. Even with a lower cost, the Loki still offers new and innovative features and is designed for making quick sweeps of large areas to locate and protect underground pipe and cable.
Both models feature Dual Mode which allows for a simultaneous search for both transmitter and power signals. They also offer the ShallowAlert audio and visual warning system that alerts the operator when a pipe or cable is detected less than twelve inches deep. The NoiseDetect feature, also found on both models compensates for strong signals from power mains or substations and manages the signal appropriately.
Calibrated especially for contractors, the Loki-C runs at 512 Hz, 8 kHz & 131 kHz.
Calibrated for utility workers, the Loki-U runs at 512 Hz, 8 kHz & 82 kHz and is capable of detecting multiple sonde frequencies.
What the Loki Pipe & Cable Locator Contractor Kit and Loki Pipe & Cable Locator Utilities Kit Have In Common
- IP54 Water and Dust Resistance
- Built-in Water-Resistant Speaker on Transmitter - generating audio capable of being heard over road traffic.
- Detachable Speaker on Receiver - doubles as an earpiece.
- Weight: Receiver - 4.9 lbs (2.2kg), Transmitter - 4.0 lbs (1.8kg)
- Comes with the following accessories: Live Connector Cable 8/33K USA, Live Plug Cable 8/33K USA, Small Sonde - 512 HZ - depth up to 5', Large Sonde - 512 Hz - depth up to 16, Large sonde 8khz - depth up to 16', Small Sonde kit - 33 kHz - depth up to 12', Large sonde - 33khz - depth up to 16', FlexiTrace 164’/ 50m, FlexiTrace 260’/ 80m
- Padded Carrying Case
- 1 Year Warranty
- Operating Frequencies: 512 Hz, 8 kHz & 131 kHz.
- Operating Frequencies: 512 Hz, 8 kHz & 82 kHz
Capable of detecting multiple sonde frequencies.
See pricing, specifications, bonus items, compatible accessories, product reviews, and videos for each of the Schonstedt models on the pages below!