This walk-through caster set provides easy transport of the Garrett PD6500i and Multi Zone Metal Detectors. The casters make it possible to move the walk-through metal detectors to indoor or outdoor areas, and provide security at events, airports, government buildings, schools, and more.
You won’t have to struggle moving the Garrett PD6500i and the Garrett Multi Zone metal detectors when using these walk-through casters. The walk-through caster set provides a stable mounting solution that allows for easy transport of the Garrett PD6500i and Garrett Multi Zone walk-through metal detectors.
The casters’ three-inch wheels provide movement over any hard surfaces. The casters are made of durable powder coated steel making it possible to use in all types of weather conditions.
Here is an easy step-by-step guide on how to install the walk-through casters on the Garrett PD6500i and Multi Zone Metal Detectors. Simply follow the instructions included in in the included instruction manual for easy caster installation. Always refer to the manual for the latest updates and procedures. We have included an over of how to install the casters on the Garrett PD 6500i or Multi Zone:
1. First off, select a level, secure area for installation. A level surface will keep the casters from rolling away and prevent any delays in the attaching of the casters.
2. If the metal detector will be connected to a power adapter at the floor level, you must determine which side of the Garrett PD6500i and Multi Zone Metal Detectors is nearest the power source.
3. Retrieve the power cable from the opening in the bottom of the Garrett PD6500i and Multi Zone Metal Detectors’ boot. Do not attach the power cable to the clip. It will be attached once the Walk-through caster set has been installed.
4. Lift the panel of the Garrett PD6500i and Multi Zone Metal Detectors and place it onto the caster. Insert the studs through the mounting points on the base of the walk-through metal detector’s boot.
5. You must ensure the locking casters are located on the exit side of the walk-through metal detector's archway. The operator can quickly and easily engage the lock mechanism and it also reduces the possibility of pedestrian interference with the Garrett PD6500i and Multi Zone Metal Detectors.
6. You may now fasten the caster to the boot of the walk-through metal detector using the washer and nut provided for each mounting point. There should be two mounting points per caster.
7. Once the first caster is secure, you can slide the second caster into place. Now, you can repeat the process of attaching the caster to the Garrett PD6500i and Multi Zone Metal Detectors.
8. If power is routed along the floor, you should select the corresponding cable routing hardware to attach to the caster. You must select the correct piece of hardware for the desired side. The bracket is then installed in the outboard location to ensure the power cable does not interfere with traffic going through the metal detector.
9. Insert the walk-through power receptacle into its clamping bracket. Then secure it with a No. 8 screw. It will come with washers to place onto the screw before inserting it.
10. Now, secure the cable with the retaining loop. There should be a screw and washer left over to put the retaining loop into place. Once the retaining loop is in place, the casters are ready to use and transport the Garrett PD6500i and Multi Zone Metal Detectors into new positions and areas.
This caster set is designed for easy and quick portability of the Garrett PD6500i and Garrett Multi Zone
walk-through metal detectors. There is no lifting required when using the caster set, making your job and the jobs of others easier. It allows you to focus on the task at hand, keeping the safety of yourself and others, rather than struggling with the movement of heavy equipment.
Copyright 2021 Detector Electronics Corp.