Garrett PD 6500i Walk Tthrough Metal Detector is an important piece of equipment that enables you to detect dangerous objects. The device is idea for special events, government buildings, and public and private venues.
The Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector must be calibrated accordingly to get the most out of the device. Here, you will learn how to calibrate the Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector and keep people safe by keeping unwanted items out of important places. Simply follow the instructions included in in the included instruction manual for calibration. Always refer to the manual for the latest updates and procedures.
1. The Garrett PD 6500i Walk Through Metal Detector’s reporting is displayed on the keypad. The keypad can be found at the top of the Garrett PD 6500i Walk Through Metal Detector on the exit side of the unit.
2. To use the keypad, ensure the silver key is turned to the enable position. Then use the access button on the keypad to enter the administrator mode. If no attempt is made to enter a code into the keypad, the unit will begin chirping for 10 seconds before going back to normal operations.
3. If an incorrect or unauthorized code is entered into the device, an audio tamper alarm will sound. An access denied screen will show up on the keypad. If you inadvertently touch the keypad, no further actions are required as the unit will resume normal operations in 10 seconds.
4. To access the unit’s programs, push the access button, then enter the factory preset administrator code of 5, 6, 7, 8, followed by the access button. Anytime you need to make changes to your Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector, simply enter the preset administrator code.
5. Before using your Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector, you must define its application. By defining its application, you will determine the best program to use for your event, building, or organization.
6. The Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector’s preset programs address a variety of security needs. Basically, these needs fall between two broad categories: programs that will allow innocuous items to pass through and programs designed to detect all metals.
7. You can use the plus and minus touch pad buttons to select one of the program modes. Program modes include airports, schools, prisons, and more. For example, the enhanced airport program will detect guns, knives, and metal items. However, it won’t detect items such as keys and coins. Programs have been created to help you select the best option for your needs.
8. You should refer to the Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector’s owner manual to select the program that best suits your needs.
9. After selecting a program, you should now test the Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector’s sensitivity to ensure it detects the items you want to locate.
10. To test sensitivity select the buildings program on the keypad. Then, press the access button twice to set the alarm volume. The unit’s alarm volume should be set at 190 or higher. If it is lower than 190, please refer to the noise interference section of the owner’s manual.
11. Now, press program to test the base sensitivity of the Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector. Before testing, make sure the bar graph fluctuations are minimal. You should also ensure the pacing lights are on and the system is ready to use.
12. Let a person with no metallic objects (known as a clean tester) walk through the unit. There should
be no alarm. Then send the individual through the device once more, this time with a metallic object. The individual should be carrying an object that is forbidden from being used. The Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector should sound allowing you to test the alarm level.
13. Have the tester walk the metallic item through the detector multiple times at different height levels. This will allow you to test the strongest and weakest orientation.
14. The highest number you record from the tests is the highest number of sensitivity that will always be required to detect the target object.
15. Using this number, you should add five more points of sensitivity to ensure solid metal detection at all times.
16. Now, test the Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector once more at all orientations from head to toe.
17. If one area doesn’t regularly trigger, you should adjust sensitivity of that particular zone. To adjust the sensitivity of a particular zone, press access on the keypad, enter your administrator code, then scroll to the zone desired. Sensitivity for each zone is set at 0%. To increase sensitivity, boost the number by 5%. Then test your target four more times in its weakest orientation zone. If needed, boost the zone sensitivity by 5% more and test again.
18. You should test the Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector with various items including loose change and other metal objects at differing heights to test the unit.
By testing various innocuous items, you can determine what objects the Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector’s sensitivity will detect. This gives you an idea of what objects an individuals should remove before passing through the Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector. Garrett PD 6500i Walk-through Metal Detector should now be calibrated to your test targets and can be utilized to your needs.
Copyright 2021 Detector Electronics Corp.