Feedback From Real AT Max Field Testers
Garrett opted to take extra time to field test this unit at locations around the world this summer. Feedback from these individuals has been very positive, as evidenced by some of the following quotes:
- "Deep, with great sensitivity, signal reliability, robust, and easy to use."
- "During the field tests, we observed a considerable increase in the detection capacity in a highly mineralized soil."
- "The Z-Lynk wireless headphones are just totally awesome . . . There are so many great features on the new AT Max."
- New grip: "Good move as far as mud and cleaning goes."
- "Like the volume control addition on the control box."
- "Very intuitive and easy to use."
- "Loved having the backlight! An absolute positive feature."
- "Both auto and manual ground balance perform well. Tested on wet salt sand, alkaline soils, and sandy soils."
Garrett AT Max Metal Detector: POWERFUL, WIRELESS, ALL TERRAIN PERFORMANCE.
Built for the professional treasure hunter.
MAX features equal MAX performance
- Built-in Z-Lynk™ Wireless Technology - Cut the cord! Integrated circuitry transmits audio to your wireless headphones. Six times faster than Bluetooth speed! Auto pairing. No cables, and no interference from other wireless devices.
- New Garrett MS-3™ Z-Lynk Wireless Headphones included The speed of Z-Lynk Wireless Technology, and high-fidelity audio . . . with no cords attached!
- Maximum Detection Depth Increased transmit power and enhanced electronics provides AT Max with significant depth increase.
- True All Metal Mode Detects all types of metal and provides the greatest possible detection depth and sensitivity.
- Backlight: Illuminates LCD screen for improved visibility in low-light situations.
- Optimized Frequency The AT Max’s 13.6 kHz operating frequency provides excellent detection on a wide range of targets—including silver coins, gold jewelry, and brass relics.
- High Resolution Ground Balance Automatic and manually adjustable for improved performance. Includes 175 points of Ground Balance resolution, allowing the AT Max to handle both conductive soils (such as saltwater beaches) and highly mineralized ground.
- Automatic Ground Balance Window™ Garrett Exclusive feature will simultaneously ground balance to a range of values to help overcome localized ground variations. By reducing subtle ground responses, the Automatic Ground Balance Window smooths detector audio and allows the user to hear faint targets.
- Larger Display Numbers: Digital Target ID number, Iron Discrim number, etc.
- More Controls—All easily accessible with a single finger as you search.
Garrett AT MAX’s other features include:
- Iron Audio™ Hear discriminated iron (normally silenced) to avoid digging tricky, undesired flat iron items.
- All Metal Iron Audio™ Garrett Exclusive feature that audibly identifies discriminated iron while operating in a True All-Metal Mode.
- Adjustable Frequency Small frequency shifts to eliminate interference.
- All Terrain Versatility Fully submersible to 10-foot (3 meter) depth. Weatherproof design also protects against dusty and humid environments. For underwater use, optional wired headphones must be used such as the Garrett Submersible Waterproof Headphones.
- Digital Target ID—0 to 99 scale.
- High-Res Iron Discrimination™ 44 points of iron resolution.
- Adjustable Threshold User can manually adjust the audio threshold (the constant background sound or “hum”) to better hear faint targets.
- Pulse Width Modulation Audio Proportional PWM audio response and Tone Roll Audio provide more target information and sharp, responsive target signals.
- Four Search Modes: True All-Metal, Custom, Coins, and Zero Discrim Modes.
- Fast Recovery Speed
- Notch Discrimination
- Coin Depth Indicator
- Battery Condition Indicator
- All Garrett AT searchcoils are compatible: 4.5” SuperSniper, 5” x 8” DD coil, 6.5” x 9” concentric coil, 8.5” x 11” DD coil, and 9” x 12” concentric coil.
- Garrett AT Max: All-Terrain performance, with built-in Z-Lynk Wireless
Garrett AT Max Metal Detector Specifications:
- Z-Lynk™ Wireless (integrated)
- MS-3 Wireless Headphones are Included
- Enhanced Detection Depth
- True All-Metal Mode
- Frequency 13.6 kHz, adjustable
- Ground Balance, Auto/Manual High Resolution, 175 pts
- Auto Ground Balance Window™
- Iron Audio™ (Disc. Modes)
- All Metal Iron Audio™
- Iron Discrimination Segments: 44
- Threshold Adjustment
- Electronic Pinpointing
- Waterproof to 10 feet (3 meters)
- Freshwater and Saltwater use
- Search Modes: 4 (all Pro Audio)
- Digital Target ID: Large Size
- Audio Tone ID: 3 Levels
- Notch Discrimination: Adjustable
- Sensitivity / Depth Adjustments: 8
- Fast Recovery Speed
- Target Depth Indicator
- Standard Searchcoil: 8.5” x 11” DD PROformance
- Length (Adjustable): 43" to 56" (1.09m - 1.4m)
- Total Weight: 3.03 lbs (1.4 kgs)
- Batteries: 4 AA
- Battery Condition Indicator
Standard Factory Items Included
- Two-year warranty
- Powerful, large 8.5" x 11" PROformance Double-D search coil
- Z-Lynk MS-3 Wireless headphones included
- Comprehensive user's manual
- Support cuff with Strap
- New Hand Grip! More robust, non-absorbant, textured rubber
- 4 AA batteries, batteries are included
|Approximate Weight||3 Pounds|
|Battery Requirements||4 - AA|
|Search Coil Size||8.5 x 11" Search Coil|
|Ground Balance||Manual or Auto Ground Balance|
|Headphone Jack Size||Waterproof Connector|
|Includes Bonus Items||Yes|
|Operating Mode||All Metal and Discriminate|
|Operating Frequency||13 kHz|
|Search Coil Shape||Semi Elliptical|
|Search Coil Type||Double D|
|Visual Identification||Graphic Target Identification|
|Water Resistance||Waterproof Detector|
Ask a question about this product
List Price: $208.95
Special Price $189.95
List Price: $149.95
Special Price $127.46
List Price: $197.95
Special Price $179.95
List Price: $165.00
Special Price $150.00
- Metal Detecting: Beach Testing The New Garrett "AT MAX" Metal Detector
- NEW Garrett AT Max Review - Everything you need to know
- Garrett AT MAX Metal Detector ~ Mineralized Soil Depth Test ~ AT MAX vs AT Pro vs AT Gold
- Garrett AT Max in Salt Water - Settings according to Instruction Manual
- Garrett AT Max Working in Salt Water
Our Truly Free Shipping Promotion Details
No Hidden Fees! Free ground shipping applies to all orders over $99.95 shipped within the continental United States. You will not find any fine print or catches to this offer. We do not charge handling fees, per accessory fees or any of the other fees that you may find when shopping elsewhere. Order today and save time, gas and money with this limited time promotion.
Returns and Exchanges Made Insanely Easy!
Since 1983 we have offered a return policy that is quite simple. We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Here are the details in black and white:
Returns & Exchanges:
Within 14 days of receipt of your on line order, you may return or exchange any hobby item in original condition. All products must be unused, unassembled in the original packaging and with the manufacturer's original blank warranty form and instruction manual. Simply call us for a return authorization code and our special returns address before shipping any product back for a refund, store credit or exchange. Refunds are issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
Shipping, handling and insurance fees of $20 for your original ground shipment will be deducted from your refund for non-defective returns. Return shipping and insurance on non-defective merchandise is your responsibility.
Security, Industrial, Makro Deep Seeking Detectors, JW Fishers Underwater Search & Recovery, DRS Detectors and special order items are not returnable.