Garrett AT Pro for Land and Water Metal Detecting
Discover the Garrett AT Pro all-terrain metal detector — perfect for finding coins, jewelry and relics on land, on beaches and even under water!
"Garrett has finally answered the question that so many treasure hunters ask: Which one detector can I buy for land and water use? The new Garrett AT Pro is an affordable hobby metal detector that does it all! Treasure seekers can successfully use this metal detector just about anywhere."
Michael Bernzweig, Detector Electronics Corp.
The Garrett AT Pro metal detector — which offers many of the same advanced features as the Garrett AT Gold — is engineered for exceptional performance in dry and wet environments. Compare this model and its accessory options to other models that you will see in our recommendations about underwater metal detectors and beach metal detectors.
Garrett AT Pro - Premium Features:
- Standard and professional audio modes — standard mode provides conventional target response for easy operation. Experienced users can select Pro Mode to obtain more advanced audible target ID to judge target size, shape and depth.
- Fast recovery speed — Pro Mode Audio™ offers greater ability to pick out good targets amid trash and fast recovery speed on multiple targets.
- Pro Mode Audio — Proportional Audio and Tone Roll Audio™ features allow you to hear characteristics of a target as in a true all-metal mode.
- High-resolution iron discrimination — use touchpads to set iron discrimination at one of 40 levels for the precise ability to separate good targets from trash.
- Iron Audio™ advanced iron identification — Allows you to hear discriminated iron (normally silenced) and to alter the detector's mid-tone signal range in order to avoid digging undesired ferrous targets.
- All terrain versatility — waterproof housing and connectors protect against dusty, muddy, wet and humid environments. The Garrett AT Pro can be immersed in water up to a 10-foot depth (maximum) to search in and along shorelines, rivers, piers, docks or swimming holes.
- Digital target ID — the 0 to 99 target identification scale offers increased ability to distinguish one target's conductivity from another.
- Manual ground balance — Allows you to manually adjust the detector's ground balance to reduce the detrimental effects of ground mineralization.
- Fast Track™ ground balance — automatic feature that allows you to quickly ground balance the detector in mineralized soil conditions.
- Electronic pinpointing — this all-metal mode function is used to precisely locate a detected target in the ground.
- 15 kHz high frequency — offers improved detection of small targets, gold nuggets and jewelry.
- Exclusive Garrett DD search coil — designed for mineralized soil and superior target separation.
- Land headphones — included standard; optional waterproof headphones are available.
All Terrain Features of the Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector:
- Relic Hunting
- Coin Shooting
- Cache Hunting
- Jewelry Hunting
- Shallow Water Searching
- Beach Hunting
- Competition Events
- Mineralized Soil Areas
- Advanced Target Separation
- Fast Recovery Speed
- Professional Audio Mode for Additional Target Info
Treasure Hunt in All Terrains
The Garrett AT Pro metal detector is designed using a waterproof control housing and waterproof connections. These features protect the detector in dusty, murky, wet and moist environments. The AT Pro can be submerged in water to a depth of 10 feet. Use it to treasure hunt along the shore and in ponds, streams and swimming spots. Head back to those old forgotten swimming holes and recover lost valuables missed by other metal detectors. Now you can experience one detector that is equally good on land or in the water. Take your treasure hunting to a new extreme.
Understanding the Garrett AT Pro Double D Search Coil Design:
Understanding the Garrett AT Pro Standard and Pro Audio Modes:
Simply stated, you will get more target information and the fastest recovery on multiple targets. In the standard binary audio mode, the Garrett AT Pro metal detector delivers a full strength audio response regardless of a target's amplitude.
In field tests, a good number of detectorists prefer this type of consistent audio target response. In this mode, the audio is either on or off. For treasure hunters who would like to hear the most target information, the detector also features a proportional (Pro) audio Mode. This is the target response that is traditionally experienced with a true all-metal detector. The standard pro audio target response presents the user with the ability to hear subtle changes in a target's audio response. The result is that a user can better judge the target, dimensions and depth at which it is buried. The Garrett brand Pro audio mode found on the AT Gold and AT Pro detectors. Garrett Pro audio also has the added benefit of a quicker audio recovery response time when treasure hunting multiple targets in close proximity.
- Texas Relic Hunt
- South Carolina Lowcountry Hunts, Part 1
- South Carolina Lowcountry Hunts, Part 2
- South Carolina Lowcountry Hunts, Part 3
- South Carolina Lowcountry Hunts, Part 4
- Old Lead, Wheat Pennies and Snake Boots
- Fresh Water Hunting, Part 1
- Fresh Water Hunting, Part 2
- Relic Hunting at a 1800s Home Site
- Buffalo Hunters Camp/Battlefield
- Southern Mississippi Relic Hunt
- Aquachigger Video - An Interesting Civil War River Find
- Aquachigger Video - Water Detecting Silver with the Garrett AT Pro
- Aquachigger Video - Water Hunting with the Garrett AT Pro
- Aquachigger Video: My best coin day...E.V.E.R...
- Relic Rookie Makes Big Recovery
- Uncovering History in Oklahoma
- Seeing Signs Pays Off...Twice!
- Central Texas Group Hunt
- Roman Coin find with AT Pro International
- Fresh Water Hunting in the Netherlands
- UK Beach Hunting with AT Pro International
- Searching for Ancient Coins in Belgium
- River Finds II
- Roman Cache!
- European Field Full of History
- Scouting for Texas Oil Boom Relics
- Coin Shooter Spotlight
- Louisiana Relic Quest
- Nugget Noggin Video - Amazing Coin and Relic Hunt with the Garrett AT Pros!
- Colonial Relic Hunting
- Gold and Silver: Summer Lake Hunting
- Nugget Noggin Video - CANNONBALLS found in the river with Garrett AT Pro!
- Meet the Diggers
- Talkin' Treasure with KG and Ringy
- Vaughan Garrett's Favorite Find with KG and Ringy
- Gold and Silver II: Winter Lake Hunting
- Urban Detecting
Understanding Garrett's Tone Roll Audio Feature
The Tone Roll Audio provides you with the most audible target information and will help classify targets, particularly iron targets. Normal metal detectors with standard binary audio, produce a single target sound based upon the target's strongest signal. With Tone Roll Audio, you are given a variance of target tones as the search coil nears, passes over and then departs from the target. By listening to these varying phases of audio sounds, you can achieve better overall target analysis.
For many treasure hunters with standard binary audio, junk bottle caps and flat steel washers appear to be good targets. They produce a high-tone target response. This happens because the shape of the bottle cap and the flat surface resemble a coin which fools the detector. With the AT Gold's Tone Roll Audio, however, the bottle cap will produce a very unique response with multiple audio tones. As shown in the illustration above, the bottle cap will yield a distinctive low/high/low response as compared to the coin's unique high-only audio response.
An area littered with iron objects in the ground can cover up good targets and even create phantom signals that, at first glance, appear to be good target signals. Garrett AT series metal detectors include a selectable Iron Audio feature allows the user to hear discriminated iron. This allows you to have the most information and avoid being tricked into digging an undesired target.
In addition, the Iron Audio also allows you to adjust the mid-tone's range to include all targets higher than the point of discrimination. You can effectively adjust the cut-off point between the low-tone, audio-discriminated trash targets and the mid-tone audio targets. This feature of the Garrett AT Pro metal detector works in both the Garrett standard and pro audio modes.
Understanding High-Res Iron Discrimination™ on the Garrett AT Pro:
You can use the plus (+) or minus (-) iron discrimination touchpads to accurately set the iron discrimination to one of 40 levels. This lets you experience a great ability to detect good targets, even when they are located near iron trash targets.
Digital Target ID (0 to 99 scale)
For the first time Garrett has included a target ID scale. The Garrett AT Pro includes a digital target identification system to give you the specific target value. This will help you identify buried targets with great precision and ease. All targets are shown on the LCD display by number. Targets that are closest to 1 are the most ferrous (iron). As you go up the scale, the most conductive items come up with numbers closer to 99.
Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector Specifications:
- Target ID cursor segments 20 (12 for notch discrimination.)
- Iron discrimination segments 40 (select 0 to 39)
- Accept/reject discrimination
- Search modes: 6 (3 Standard, 3 Pro Modes)
- Sensitivity/depth adjustments: 8
- Electronic pinpointing
- Frequency 15 kHz
- Three audio tone ID levels
- Standard search coil 8.5" x 11" DD PROformance
- Length (adjustable) 42" to 51" (1.06m - 1.29m)
- Total weight 3.03 lbs. (1.4 kgs.)
- Batteries 4 AA (included)
- Two-year warranty, limited parts/labor
Standard Factory Items Included
- Two-year warranty
- Powerful, large 8.5" x 11" PROformance Double-D search coil
- Garrett Land Headphones for AT Series
- Comprehensive user's manual
- Support cuff
- 4 AA batteries (batteries included)
|Approximate Weight||3 Pounds|
|Battery Requirements||4 - AA|
|Search Coil Size||8.5 x 11" Search Coil|
|Ground Balance||Manual or Auto Ground Balance|
|Headphone Jack Size||Waterproof Connector|
|Includes Bonus Items||Yes|
|Operating Mode||All Metal and Discriminate|
|Operating Frequency||15 kHz|
|Search Coil Shape||Semi Elliptical|
|Search Coil Type||No|
|Visual Identification||Graphic Target Identification|
|Water Resistance||Waterproof Detector|
List Price: $149.95
Special Price $127.46
List Price: $165.00
Special Price $150.00
Our Truly Free Shipping Promotion Details
No Hidden Fees! Free ground shipping applies to all orders over $99.95 shipped within the continental United States. You will not find any fine print or catches to this offer. We do not charge handling fees, per accessory fees or any of the other fees that you may find when shopping elsewhere. Order today and save time, gas and money with this limited time promotion.
Returns and Exchanges Made Insanely Easy!
Since 1983 we have offered a return policy that is quite simple. We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Here are the details in black and white:
Returns & Exchanges:
Within 14 days of receipt of your on line order, you may return or exchange any hobby item in original condition. All products must be unused, unassembled in the original packaging and with the manufacturer's original blank warranty form and instruction manual. Simply call us for a return authorization code and our special returns address before shipping any product back for a refund, store credit or exchange. Refunds are issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
Shipping, handling and insurance fees of $20 for your original ground shipment will be deducted from your refund for non-defective returns. Return shipping and insurance on non-defective merchandise is your responsibility.
Security, Industrial, Minelab GPX Detectors, Makro Detectors, JW Fishers Underwater Search & Recovery and special order items are not returnable.