Garrett Gold metal detectors will give you extreme depth and performance in all terrains. This exceptional hobby and treasure-hunting metal detector will meet – and exceed – your prospecting and gold detection requirements. It includes an 18 kHz frequency for enhanced detection of small gold nuggets, jewelry, coins and relics.
"When we heard that Garrett was developing a new all terrain Gold Prospecting metal detector, we were excited. The new Garrett AT-Gold boldy answers the question, which metal detector for prospecting in wet environments, and creates a new segment in the market. Finally one detector that does it all!"
Michael Bernzweig, Detector Electronics Corp.
Now you can experience extreme depth and performance on land and in the water with the Garrett AT Gold professional metal detector. Designed from the ground up to be used in all terrains, the Garrett Gold is engineered to meet all your treasure-hunting needs. The Garret AT Gold creates a new International standard for All Terrain Metal Detectors around the world.
Key Features of the Garrett Gold Metal Detector:
- ALL-METAL MODE: True all-metal mode offers deepest detection depth and sensitivity on the smallest nuggets.
- GRAPHIC TARGET ANALYZING: Simultaneously shows the target's conductivity and the detector's discrimination pattern.
- ALL TERRAIN: Designed for use in wet, humid and dusty environments. Weatherproof housing can be immersed in water to 10-foot (3m) depth.
- DIGITAL TARGET ID: Numeral scale from 0 to 99; indicates a target metal's conductivity for increased ability to distinguish targets from each other.
- HIGH-RESOLUTIONI IRON DISCRIMINATION: Provides 40 points of iron resolution; controlled with touchpads and viewed as a digital number on the LCD for the most precise ability to separate a good target from iron trash.
- ADJUSTABLE THRESHOLD: Allows the user to manually adjust the audio threshold (constant background sound) to better hear targets.
- PRO MODE AUDIO: Proportional audio response and Tone Roll Audio™ features provide more target information.
- IRON AUDIO™: Allows user to hear discriminated iron and to audibly identify problematic flat iron objects like bottle caps and washers.
- ALL-METAL IRON AUDIO™: A Garrett exclusive feature that allows user to audibly identify iron objects even while operating in a true all-metal mode.
- GROUND BALANCE (MANUAL): Allows the user to manually adjust the detector's ground balance to reduce the detrimental effects of ground mineralization.
- GROUND BALANCE WINDOW™: A Garrett exclusive feature that allows user to "spread" the ground balance setting to reduce the response to subtle ground variations.
- FAST TRACK™ GROUND BALANCE: Automatic feature that allows user to quickly ground balance the detector in mineralized soil conditions.
- ELECTRONIC PINPOINTING: This Non-Motion All-Metal Mode is used to precisely locate a detected target's location in the ground.
- ONE-TOUCH TREASURE HUNTING: With the touch of a button, your metal detector is powered on, automatically reset to factory (or your) settings and ready to search!
- Digital Target ID (0 to 99 scale)
For the first time Garrett has included a target ID scale. The Garrett AT Gold includes a digital target identification system to give you the specific target value. This will help you identify buried targets with great precision and ease. All targets are shown on the LCD display by number. Targets that are closest to 1 are the most ferrous (iron). As you go up the scale, the most conductive items come up with numbers closer to 99.
Treasure Hunt and Prospect for Gold in All Terrains
The Garrett Gold metal detector is designed using a waterproof control housing and waterproof connections. These features protect the detector in dusty, murky, wet and moist environments. The AT Gold can be submerged in water to a depth of 10 feet. Use it to treasure hunt along the shore and in ponds, streams and swimming spots. Head back to those old forgotten swimming holes and recover lost valuables missed by other metal detectors. Now you can experience one detector that is equally good on land or in the water. Take your treasure hunting to a new extreme.
Understanding the Garrett AT Gold Double D Search Coil Design
Understanding the Garrett AT Gold Standard and Pro Audio Modes:
Simply stated, you will get more target information and the fastest recovery on multiple targets. In the standard binary audio mode, the Garrett Gold metal detector delivers a full strength audio response regardless of a target's amplitude.
In field tests, a good number of detectorists prefer this type of consistent audio target response. In this mode, the audio is either on or off. For treasure hunters who would like to hear the most target information, the detector also features a proportional (Pro) audio Mode. This is the target response that is traditionally experienced with a true all-metal detector. The standard pro audio target response presents the user with the ability to hear subtle changes in a target's audio response. The result is that a user can better judge the target, dimensions and depth at which it is buried. The Garrett brand pro audio mode found on the AT Gold and AT Pro detectors also has the added benefit of a quicker audio recovery response time when treasure hunting multiple targets in close proximity.
Understanding Garrett's Tone Roll Audio Feature
The Tone Roll Audio provides you with the most audible target information and will help classify targets, particularly iron targets. Normal metal detectors with standard binary audio, produce a single target sound based upon the target's strongest signal. With Tone Roll Audio, you are given a variance of target tones as the search coil nears, passes over and then departs from the target. By listening to these varying phases of audio sounds, you can achieve better overall target analysis.
For many treasure hunters with standard binary audio, junk bottle caps and flat steel washers appear to be good targets. They produce a high-tone target response. This happens because the shape of the bottle cap and the flat surface resemble a coin which fools the detector. With the AT Gold's Tone Roll Audio, however, the bottle cap will produce a very unique response with multiple audio tones. As shown in the illustration above, the bottle cap will yield a distinctive low/high/low response as compared to the coin's unique high-only audio response.
An area littered with iron objects in the ground can cover up good targets and even create phantom signals that, at first glance, appear to be good target signals. Garrett Gold metal detectors include a selectable Iron Audio feature allows the user to hear discriminated iron. This allows you to have the most information and avoid being tricked into digging an undesired target.
In addition, the Iron Audio also allows you to adjust the mid-tone's range to include all targets higher than the point of discrimination. You can effectively adjust the cut-off point between the low-tone, audio-discriminated trash targets and the mid-tone audio targets. This feature of the Garrett AT Gold metal detector works in both the Garrett standard and pro audio modes.
- Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro for Coin Hunting in Trashy Park Areas, Pt. 1
- Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro for Coin Hunting in Trashy Park Areas, Pt. 2
- River Finds
- Ghost Town and Civil War Hunting with AT Gold
- Brass Buttons
- Uncovering History in Oklahoma
- Fresh Water Hunting in the Netherlands
- Searching for Ancient Coins in Belgium
- River Finds II
- Roman Cache
- European Field Full of History
- Scouting for Texas Oil Boom Relics
- Louisiana Relic Quest
- Colonial Relic Hunting
- Metal Detecting in Australia
- Gold and Silver: Summer Lake Hunting
- Meet the Diggers
- Talkin' Treasure with KG and Ringy
- Gold and Silver II: Winter Lake Hunting
- Urban Detecting
Understanding High-Res Iron Discrimination™ on the Garrett AT Gold
You can use the plus (+) or minus (-) iron discrimination touchpads to accurately set the iron discrimination to one of 40 levels. This lets you experience a great ability to detect good targets, even when they are located near iron trash targets.
Garrett Headphones Included
Garrett Gold Metal Detector Operating Mode Specifications
- Depth indicator: continually shows depth of coin-size objects
- Battery condition indicator: shows battery life continually
- Search modes: three plus electronic pinpointing
- Select from true all-metal, discrimination 1, discrimination 2
- Electronic pinpointing
Technical Specifications of the Garrett AT Gold Prospecting Metal Detector:
- 5" x 8" (14 x 20cm) PROformance Double-D submersible search coil
- Garett MasterSound™ headphones (waterproof headphones sold separately)
- Deep-seeking true all-metal mode performance for all-terrain gold prospecting
- Comprehensive user's manual
- Support cuff
- 4 AA batteries (batteries included)
- Target ID cursor segments 20
- Iron discrimination segments 40
- Search modes 3
- Sensitivity/depth adjustments 8
- Electronic pinpointing yes
- Frequency 18 kHz
- Audio tone ID levels 3
- Standard search coil 5" x 8" ( 14 x 20cm) DD PROformance
- Length (adjustable) 42" to 51" (1.06m - 1.29m)
- Total weight 3.03 lbs. (1.4 kgs.)
- Batteries 4 AA (included)
- Warranty 2-year, limited parts/labor
Our Visit To The Garrett Factory In Garland, TX
|Approximate Weight||3 Pounds|
|Battery Requirements||4 - AA|
|Search Coil Size||5" x 8" Search Coil|
|Ground Balance||Manual or Auto Ground Balance|
|Headphone Jack Size||Waterproof Connector|
|Includes Bonus Items||Yes|
|Operating Mode||All Metal and Discriminate|
|Operating Frequency||18.75 kHz|
|Search Coil Shape||Semi Elliptical|
|Search Coil Type||No|
|Visual Identification||LCD Screen|
|Water Resistance||Waterproof Detector|
Ask a question about this product
List Price: $165.00
Special Price $150.00
List Price: $149.95
Special Price $127.46
Our Truly Free Shipping Promotion Details
No Hidden Fees! Free ground shipping applies to all orders over $99.95 shipped within the continental United States. You will not find any fine print or catches to this offer. We do not charge handling fees, per accessory fees or any of the other fees that you may find when shopping elsewhere. Order today and save time, gas and money with this limited time promotion.
Returns and Exchanges Made Insanely Easy!
Since 1983 we have offered a return policy that is quite simple. We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Here are the details in black and white:
Returns & Exchanges:
Within 14 days of receipt of your on line order, you may return or exchange any hobby item in original condition. All products must be unused, unassembled in the original packaging and with the manufacturer's original blank warranty form and instruction manual. Simply call us for a return authorization code and our special returns address before shipping any product back for a refund, store credit or exchange. Refunds are issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
Shipping, handling and insurance fees of $20 for your original ground shipment will be deducted from your refund for non-defective returns. Return shipping and insurance on non-defective merchandise is your responsibility.
Security, Industrial, Minelab GPX Detectors, Makro Detectors, JW Fishers Underwater Search & Recovery and special order items are not returnable.