Meet the Team Behind MetalDetector.com
Yes, we are Brothers!
In fact, the two of us have been metal detecting since we were kids. Over 30 years later, we are both still passionate about the hobby. We are proud to represent the second generation of our family business. We want you to know that each and every member of our team is here to help you select the best equipment for your needs. No matter which products you choose, we are confident that you will appreciate our way of doing business. We keep it simple!
We stock everything that you see on our website and are pleased to offer you a free shipping option. With our no haggle best price guarantee, you can breathe easy knowing you are getting the best value possible. Take a moment to meet our team. Everyone is here to serve you!
-Michael and Daniel Bernzweig
- Javier enjoys working with our customers globally. He is a world traveler who is fluent in both English and Spanish. He is passionate about helping our customers find the best equipment to locate treasures wherever they might be. He is an avid Salsa dancer and instructor and enjoys being active in the community. Javier enjoys spending his free time with family and close friends. He is intimately familiar with everything that it takes to get metal detectors to his customers, wherever they might be. His two favorite detectors are the XP Deus Wireless detector and the Makro JeoHunter 3D Dual system.
- Richard works closely with Heather and our logistics team to ensure the fast and efficient delivery of our customer's deliveries. Richard is very focused and detail oriented in his work. He is a novice treasure hunter and is exploring all of the different makes and models of detectors. Catch him outside of work and you will discover that he enjoys sports, but be forewarned, Richard is a fanatic when it comes to his native Boston teams! Richard and his wife like to keep physically fit, in order to keep up with their dog Waldo.
- Moe has been treasure hunting as long as anyone on the team. In fact, he was one of our first customers! A carpenter by trade, he enjoys sharing metal detecting tips and tricks with fellow hobbyists. As he will tell you, he likes to help customers pick out the best tool for the job. Moe is a certified diver and an accomplished treasure hunter. He finds helping others discover the world of underwater treasure hunting very fulfilling. The Excalibur II is one of his favorite underwater detectors. He purchased his original Excalibur from our company co-founder, Sondra Bernzweig, when the Excalibur was first introduced. Moe is an avid beach hunter as well. His other favorite detector is the Tesoro Tiger Shark. He calls this his "gold chain" finder. When Moe is not treasure hunting or diving, he has fun spending time with his grand kids.
- We can thank Daniel for getting our family started in treasure hunting and eventually this business. He was 10 years old at the time when he convinced our parents to let him get his first metal detector. Daniel has traveled across the country and around the world pursuing the hobby. Daniel is a walking encyclopedia of metal detector knowledge. He is the go to person in the office when it comes to identifying obscure metal detector parts and models! Over the years, Daniel has been responsible for managing the creative development of our website. He is committed to keeping the team focused on delivering the best customer experience in the industry. You will often find Daniel soliciting customer feedback to enhance our procedures. Over the years, Daniel has kept the team focused on making the information that our customers need readily available on our website. Daniel’s latest project has been working with our team to create our new metal detector blog. What better way to spread the word about the latest products, promotions and industry news with our customers. He enjoys music and spent his teen years traveling the country while participating in Drum and Bugle Corps. Daniel would like you to know how proud he is that he taught his younger brother Michael everything he knows about metal detecting.
- Michael has been passionate about business from the time anyone can remember. While he may tell you differently, as best we can figure, he wanted a metal detector because his big brother had one! Not to be left out, Michael joined in the family hobby at age 5. We cannot think of a better combination for Michael than being involved in the hobby and the family business. When he is not on the phone helping out customers, he spends his time working with our vendors and partners. He was a driving force behind the introduction of our no haggle best pricing guarantee. Michael will tell you that our goal is to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. To achieve this, we have brought together an experienced team, the best brands, and the most advanced logistics in the industry. Outside of the business he enjoys mentoring students, being involved in the community and spending time with his family. When asked, Michael readily admits that it is true that his older brother Daniel did teach him everything that he knew about metal detecting. He is also the first to point out that Daniel was only 10 years old at the time!
- Heather works closely with our warehouse team to ensure that every customer’s order is shipped quickly. She has fun treasure hunting with the Garrett Ace 250. She is very competitive and will readily admit that her personal goal is to find more than Moe. In her spare time Heather enjoys pursuing the latest movies and spending time with her favorite cat.
- David keeps the promotions and special offers that you see on our website up to date. He was one of the first full time employees to join the team. He started in the warehouse and has worked his way up through the ranks. David also works with our suppliers to keep the product details, pricing and specifications current. David is an avid collector and in his spare time enjoys music and theatre. David’s favorite metal detector is the new Bounty Hunter Platinum. He also enjoys helping our customer’s sort through the wide variety of products that we carry.
- We think our warehouse team is tops. The team works tirelessly to make sure that your order is processed quickly and delivered in great condition. Take a moment to view our company tour and you will see how they make it all come together.
The Rest of the Team
Behind the scenes there are other friendly team members that are here to assist you as well. From part time team members, to our seasonal staff and student interns, everyone is here to help out.