Thinking about buying a pinpointer metal detector?
Don't do it! Unless it has the following features...
- Pulse Induction (PI) technology
- Tilt on & off
- Tip-only detection
- Communicates with vibration
- Automatic calibration
- Low-battery indicator
- Waterproof - Submersible to 100 feet (30 meters)
- Auto-off (after one minute) battery saver
- Introducing the Vibra-Probe 585 pinpointer - Now with Manual-off, no push button switches. The Vibra-Probe 585 uses our unique tilt-on/off technology in addition to our traditional one-minute automatic-off battery saver. This translates into faster recovery times and longer battery life. The only pinpointer with tip only detection, so you know precisely where the target is. No annoying buzzers!
The Vibra-Probe is the original pinpointer that communicates with vibration. It alerts only you that you've found a target. Never worry about dirt, dust, mud or water because our unique sealed design is airtight and waterproof to a depth of 100 feet. No fumbling with knobs! The Vibra-Probe 580 is fully automatic. The self-calibrating microprocessor-controlled circuitry requires no adjustments of any kind. The included belt holster makes it easy to carry and always at the ready. The Vibra Probe 585 replaces the Vibra Probe 580, 570 and 560.
Vibra-Probe 585 Features:
- Tilt On and Off - No push button switches. The Vibra-Probe™ turns on and off when pointed upward or will automatically turn itself off one minute after the last detection.
- Pulse Induction (PI) - This technology allows hunting at the beach in salt water or in any type of soil, including black sand.
- Target direction - The Vibra-Probe™ detects at the tip only, not along the shaft, enabling precision target pinpointing.
- Target distancing - The pulses of vibration increase in frequency as the probe tip approaches the target.
- Waterproof - Unique sealed design allows the Vibra-Probe™ to be used in the rain, mud, or under water to a depth of 100 feet.
- Automatic tuning - The state of the art microprocessor controlled design requires no adjustments of any kind.
- Communicates with vibration - The Vibra-Probe™ signals with pulses of vibration when a target is located. It replaces the need for buzzers that can be difficult to hear, especially when wearing headphones from a primary detector.
- Detection depth stability - New advanced circuitry maintains the unit's detection distance throughout the life of the battery.
- Low battery indicator - Built in low battery sensor alerts you when the battery is low and needs replacing.
- Easy battery installation - The standard 9 volt battery is quick and easy to change without tools. Simply rotate the rear knob and pull out the compression seal to access the battery compartment.
- Solid construction - The Vibra-Probe™ rugged sealed construction and stainless steel hardware are built to last.
- Holster - Includes belt mountable holster for easy carrying.
- (1) Vibra-Probe™ 585 Pinpointer Metal Detector
- (1) Belt Mountable Holster
- (1) 9v Alkaline Battery
- Instruction Manual & Warranty
|Approximate Weight||1 Pound|
|Battery Requirements||1 - 9 Volt|
|Search Coil Size||Probe|
|Headphone Jack Size||N/A|
|Includes Bonus Items||No|
|Operating Mode||All Metal|
|Operating Frequency||Frequency and circuit type pulse induction|
|Search Coil Shape||Probe|
|Search Coil Type||Probe|
|Water Resistance||30 meters|
Ask a question about this product
List Price: $199.95
You Pay $179.95
List Price: $199.95
You Pay $179.95
List Price: $219.00
You Pay $159.99
List Price: $149.95
You Pay $127.46
List Price: $149.00
You Pay $125.00
List Price: $125.00
You Pay $109.95
Customer Reviews Write your own
Also, the way you turn it on (by pointing it straight up) sometimes causes a problem if I put my equipment in the back of our truck (or Polaris RZR) and accidentally end up with the Probe pointing up, it turns itself on and wastes battery power. Of course, knowing this I should be more careful when I put my stuff away . . .
So, bottom line? A pretty good pinpointer. (Posted on June 20, 2018)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Not sure
The way I work, is to carry the probe horizontally in my hand along with a digging knife as I sweep. When I determine a target, I set down my tools, "X" pinpoint with the detector (a Tesoro), immediately turn the pointer up to turn on, scan the surface for a surface target, then begin to scrape/dig/pinpoint with the Vibra Probe. Once I've found the target or moved on, I again point the Vibra Probe up, to shut it off--saving the battery, and preventing chirping interference with the detector. That's it. (Posted on December 19, 2017)
Our Truly Free Shipping Promotion Details
No Hidden Fees! Free ground shipping applies to all orders over $99.95 shipped within the continental United States. You will not find any fine print or catches to this offer. We do not charge handling fees, per accessory fees or any of the other fees that you may find when shopping elsewhere. Order today and save time, gas and money with this limited time promotion.
Returns and Exchanges Made Insanely Easy!
Since 1983 we have offered a return policy that is quite simple. We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Here are the details in black and white:
Returns & Exchanges:
Within 14 days of receipt of your on line order, you may return or exchange any hobby item in original condition. All products must be unused, unassembled in the original packaging and with the manufacturer's original blank warranty form and instruction manual. Simply call us for a return authorization code and our special returns address before shipping any product back for a refund, store credit or exchange. Refunds are issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
Shipping, handling and insurance fees of $20 for your original ground shipment will be deducted from your refund for non-defective returns. Return shipping and insurance on non-defective merchandise is your responsibility.
Security, Industrial, Makro Deep Seeking Detectors, JW Fishers Underwater Search & Recovery, DRS Detectors and special order items are not returnable.